Symposium – Winnipeg
Photos from the Y4M Winnipeg Symposium!
Your voice counts!
Together, let’s make a difference for music.
The Coalition for Music Education is pleased to announce its first Youth4Music Leadership Symposium in Winnipeg, in partnership with The University of Winnipeg Collegiate, University of Winnipeg and the Manitoba Conservatory of Music.
Saturday, November 19th, 2016
1:00pm – 7:30pm
Manitoba Conservatory of Music
at the University of Winnipeg
Guest speakers, special music guests, jam sessions, roundtable discussions and much more.
About the symposium:
Youth4Music is a network of youth who are passionate about music in their lives – learning, appreciating, creating and making music. Youth4Music provides a platform for youth voices, and leadership opportunities for youth to make a difference for music in their schools and communities. The program is “for youth – by youth – through music.”
Our objective with this first Youth4Music Winnipeg Leadership Symposium is to introduce Winnipeg youth to the Youth4Music manifesto. Our goals are:
- to develop a community of young Winnipeg thought-leaders and change-makers who will actively engage in strategies for each of the 4 components of the Youth4Music Manifesto so that the Manifesto lives meaningfully in Winnipeg
- to develop and support a Winnipeg’s Youth4Music action plan
- to develop a Youth4Music Winnipeg hub
- to discover Winnipeg leader(s) to join a National Youth4Music Advisory Council
Participants (youth 30 and under):
- students (middle school, high school, college, university)
- student music teachers and music teachers just starting out
- professional and amateur musicians
Register and run the chance to win a gift certificate to your favorite music store in Winnipeg!
This symposium is FREE (participants must be 30 and under).
For more information, please contact Ashley Boychuk, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COALITION FOR MUSIC EDUCATION
The Coalition for Music Education is an organization made up of parents, students, educators, and business people from varying walks of life who support school music programs and highlight the importance of music education for all young people in Canada.
ABOUT YOUTH4MUSIC SYMPOSIUMS
Youth4Music is a program of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. Youth4Music Leadership Symposiums are sponsored by the Coalition, which works in partnership with local organizations to ensure successful and effective local events that will reflect local goals, relevant action and leadership.