Symposium – Cape Breton
Check out photos from this year’s event!
Calling Cape Breton Youth!
Together, let’s make a difference for music.
The Coalition for Music Education, in conjunction with International Ethnomusicology Conference Global Musics Local Connections Conference at Cape Breton University is pleased to announce the first Youth4Music Leadership Symposium in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
This symposium will comprise guest speakers, special musical guests, roundtable discussions, jam corner and much more! It will take place at the Multiversity Centre (next to the Cafeteria), Cape Breton University.
Friday, October 7th, 2016
at Cape Breton University
Guest speakers, special music guests, jam sessions, roundtable discussions and much more.
About the symposium:
Youth4Music is a network of youth who are passionate about music in their lives – learning, appreciating, creating and making music. Youth4Music provides a platform for youth voices, and leadership opportunities for youth to make a difference for music in their schools and communities. The program is “for youth – by youth – through music.”
Our objective with this first Youth4Music Cape Breton Leadership Symposium is to introduceCape Breton youth to the Youth4Music manifesto. Our goals are:
- to develop a community of young Cape Breton thought-leaders and change-makers who will actively engage in strategies for each of the 4 components of the Youth4Music Manifesto so that the Manifesto lives meaningfully in Cape Breton
- to develop and support a Cape Breton ’s Youth4Music action plan
- to build East Coast leadership for Youth4Music in Canada
- to develop a Youth4Music Cape Breton hub
- to discover Cape Breton leader(s) to join a National Youth4Music Advisory Council
Participants (youth 30 and under):
- students (middle school, high school, college, university)
- student music teachers and music teachers just starting out
- professional and amateur musicians
This symposium is FREE (participants must be 30 and under).
For more information, please contact Ashley Boychuk, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COALITION FOR MUSIC EDUCATION
The Coalition for Music Education is an organization made up of parents, students, educators, and business people from varying walks of life who support school music programs and highlight the importance of music education for all young people in Canada.
ABOUT YOUTH4MUSIC SYMPOSIUMS
Youth4Music is a program of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. Youth4Music Leadership Symposiums are sponsored by the Coalition, which works in partnership with local organizations to ensure successful and effective local events that will reflect local goals, relevant action and leadership.