Youth4Music Kingston Event
Your voice counts!
Together, let’s make a difference for music.
The Coalition for Music Education is pleased to announce its first Youth4Music Event in Kingston.
Photos from the Kingston Event
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
3:00pm – 8:00pm
Duncan McArthur Library
511 Union Street
Guest speaker: Gary Rasberry
Special musical guests:
Busty and the Bass
Plus: jam sessions, roundtable discussions and much more.
About the event:
Youth4Music is a network of youth who are passionate about music in their lives – learning, appreciating, creating and making music. Youth4Music provides a platform for youth voices, and leadership opportunities for youth to make a difference for music in their schools and communities. The program is “for youth – by youth – through music.”
Our objective with this first Youth4Music Kingston Event is to work with Kingston youth on the Youth4Music manifesto. Our goals are:
- to develop a community of young Kingston thought-leaders and change-makers who will actively engage in strategies for each of the 4 components of the Youth4Music Manifesto so that the Manifesto lives meaningfully in Kingston
- to develop and support a Kingston’s Youth4Music action plan
- to develop a Youth4Music Kingston hub
- to discover Kingston leader(s) to join a National Youth4Music Advisory Council
Participants (youth 30 and under):
- students (middle school, high school, college, university)
- student music teachers and music teachers just starting out
- professional and amateur musicians
This event is FREE (participants must be 30 and under).
For more information, please contact Ashley Boychuk, Program Coordinator:
info [at] musicmakesus.ca
ABOUT THE COALITION FOR MUSIC EDUCATION
The Coalition for Music Education is an organization made up of parents, students, educators, and business people from varying walks of life who support school music programs and highlight the importance of music education for all young people in Canada.
ABOUT YOUTH4MUSIC SYMPOSIUMS
Youth4Music is a program of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. Youth4Music Leadership Symposiums are sponsored by the Coalition, which works in partnership with local organizations to ensure successful and effective local events that will reflect local goals, relevant action and leadership.
Youth4Music is made possible with the generous support of the Government of Canada, TD Bank Group, NAMM Foundation, SOCAN and all of our partner organizations. In Ontario Youth4Music is made possible with the generous support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation Grow Grant.